Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx redirecting to a new URL

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx redirecting to a new URL
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 07:38:54 +0100

Thomas Dickey wrote:

 Please click here to continue.

lynx doesn't automatically load and follow a refresh-url (which
sounds like what you're talking about).

I think this is much more likely to be a javascript issue. Although I'm not a user of Yahoo mail, I would have hoped that they had enough control of the server not to have to meke illegal use of meta refresh as as substitute for an HTTP redirect. Lynx has no problem following such proper redirects.

My guess is that they are using scripting to gather information about the browser configuration.

Lynx doesn't support scripting, and making it do so would be a major rewrite.

It is possible it is looping here because the fallback URL is wrong; that is not uncommon.
--
David Woolley