Re: [Lynx-dev] Auto-session trouble.

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Auto-session trouble.
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 06:51:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Patrick wrote:

For lynx, the main blocking change is a detail in the fixes I've been
working on for improving xml support.  The most recent snapshot-patch for
lynx is

        ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/lynx2.8.7dev.9e.patch.gz

And so did this, as soon as I realized it was looking for a
directory named `lynx2.8.7dev.9+' [please excuse my ignorance;
may have just taught myself how to read diff notation that
afternoon].

The "+" would be the older directory.  I usually make build-directories
by copying the older directory to one whose name corresponds to the
version-label that I'll use.  The older directory contains just a bzip'd
tar file, and the "+" is the uncompress/untarred contents.

BTW, is there a central snippet of code somewhere that gets the
user's home directory from the environment, or fakes one up if
running under Windows or something?  Just wondered if the various
features that use `~' use the same function to expand it.

LYAddPathToHome() is the most useful - it adds a filename to the home directory path, taking into account syntax differences on Unix, VMS and Windows/DOS - src/LYUtils.c

For just the home-directory, Home_Dir().

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net