RE: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.8dev3 doesn't build on SunOS, dev2 does

From: Virden, Larry W.
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.8dev3 doesn't build on SunOS, dev2 does
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:36:25 -0400

I downloaded lynx2.8.8dev.3 this morning after seeing the posting by Mr.
Jones.

I too am on a SunOS 5.10 system (SunOS myserer 5.10 Generic_142900-02
sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire).
My site provides gcc 3.4.3 to use for building.

After I perform the configuration I want to use for starters, I run
 gmake all
and I get an executable.

The configure options I used were:
./configure  --prefix=/projects/intranet \
--libdir=/projects/intranet/lib/lynx \
--enable-debug \
--enable-vertrace \
--enable-widec \
--with-zlib \
--enable-addrlist-page \
--enable-cgi-links \
--enable-default-colors \
--enable-extended-dtd \
--enable-externs \
--enable-file-upload \
--enable-forms-options \
--enable-included-msgs \
--enable-libjs \
--enable-nsl-fork \
--enable-partial \
--enable-persistent-cookies \
--enable-prettysrc \
--enable-read-eta \
--enable-scrollbar \
--enable-nested-tables \
--enable-source-cache

So perhaps the problem is related to a specific version of a compiler?

Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any
attachment(s), may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged information
from Chemical Abstracts Service ("CAS"), a division of the American Chemical
Society ("ACS"). If you have received this transmission in error, be advised
that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message
and contact the sender immediately by either replying to this message or
calling 614-447-3600.