[Lynx-dev] Re: Lynx win32 help

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: Lynx win32 help
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 22:02:46 +0600

 > Greetings!
 > Mail Wrapper:

 > Are there any upgrades to the original lynx win32 sendmail wrapper?
 > Typically, newer wrappers need a fully formed mime message via stdin,
 > which lynx doesn't do, while lynx's "-s" and "-c" parameters are not
 > universally supported by the newer sendmail wrappers.

 > AUTH LOGIN through port 587 is required from my ISP!

        I have no experience with W32 sendmail wrappers in general, or
        with the Lynx' one in particular, but my guess is that since
        there's a seemingly mature and dedicated project to build a
        simple to use, yet powerful and portable sendmail-to-SMTP
        solution [1], Lynx should definitely support it.

        (Apparently, it has a W32 build, too, available at [2].)

[1] http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/msmtp/files/msmtp/1.4.23/

PS.  Please, don't use “follow-up” (“reply to”, “reply to all”, or
        whatever it's called in Opera Mail) button to initiate a brand
        new conversation: it confuses the software, and what's worse, it
        confuses people.  Thanks in advance.

--
FSF associate member #7257