Re: [Lynx-dev] A possible modification to Jumps

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] A possible modification to Jumps
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 19:53:08 -0500

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:22:15PM +0000, Mark Skilbeck wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 05:49:14AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> >
> > However, the change is incomplete - it works for the case where the
> > user types 'j' followed by the jump tag, but it does not handle the
> > case where the user selects the tag from the jump-page.
> >

> Yeah. I don't see how we can account for that use-case. There isn't any
> special
> code for viewing the jumps file (AFAIK), so it would be impossible to
> hook-into.
>
> Now that we've got something working, do you think this might make it into a
> future release? And, while we're on that subject, do you have any plans for
> the
> next release?

I added the two diff's I replied with to my local archive, and will
put a copy of ongoing changes in
        ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/

The dev.10?  At the moment, on my to-do list it's right behind some work on
mawk (which itself is blocked while I check on a possible regression in xterm).
For dev.10, I promised to fix a couple of bugs that are fairly hard to fix.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net