Re: [Lynx-dev] Strange problem with Google (fwd)

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Strange problem with Google (fwd)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 03:20:50 -0400 (EDT)

--

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 16:29:17
From: John J. Boyer <address@hidden>
To: Linux for blind general discussion <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: Strange problem with Google

Thanks. I wonder if it could be related to brltty, since it runs as a daemon.

John

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 02:44:18PM -0500, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
It isn't a Jesse debian problem per se. A while back this would happen to me on
my powerpc mac mini running jesse and not on my intel mac mini running the same
thing. In my case, it had problems anyway but the freeze really set in when I
hit slash. For unrelated reasons, I reinstalled on my powerpc machine and the
problem was gone. I don't know if it was a lynx setting or what. Another thing
I should  point out is that a freeze can also happen in some instances if you
choose to have both links and form fields numbered. I've known this for quite a
while but it doesn't happen on all machines or distributions of linux. It's
better to only have links numbered. Sorry that I can't tell you exactly what
your problem might be but I will say I'm not at all sure that it's related to
the fact that you are running Jesse per se.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart