[Lynx-dev] Freezing bug

From: John J. Boyer
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Freezing bug
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 12:26:22 -0500

I am using Debian Jessie set up for command-line only, with screen and
with the brltty screenreader.

I have encountered strange freezes while using lynx. The most extreme is
in trying to search on Google. While arrowing from one link to another
the machine becomes totally unresponsive. It can't even be turned off
with the power button. I have to pull the plug before I can reboot.

When filling out the book request form at http://bookshare.org the
program
freezes after filling out the first few items. However, the machine does
not freeze. When I type killall lynx from another screen instance the
program stops and the prompt reappears.

I had no trouble filling out the form to subscribe to this list.

I've been told on the address@hidden list that the problem seems to
occur on some machines but not on others. it seems to be unrelated to
Debian Jessie. It did not occur when I was using CentOS some years ago.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer; President,