[Lynx-dev] Browsing newyorker.com

From: russellbell
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Browsing newyorker.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 06:39:19 -0600

        Quoth Mr Thomas Dickey:  'I'd check the user-agent first.'
        I already make my user-agent Firefox's because JAMA sends
me limited mobile versions with lynx's default.  Changing it back to
lynx's default makes no difference @newyorker.com

        A separate issue is that lynx prepends a wrong base href to
which it objects when I browse the saved page.  For example:

        <base href=!-- X-URL:
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/07/03/the-glitzy-verve-of-glow-and-claws
-->

        BTW prepending a base href is one of my favorite features of
lynx.  I download all pages I want to read; when I download with
another browser (or when lynx fetches them gzipped) my fix-up script
prepends a correct base href.  It'd be nice if lynx prepended a base
href when it fetches files gzipped.

russell bell