[Lynx-dev] help on lynx compilation

From: clr . geek
Subject: [Lynx-dev] help on lynx compilation
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 14:53:30 +0200

Hello,
I'm not used to using Lynx web browser but, a friend of mine, who is blind,
used it frequently. (windows 7 environment)
The trouble is, his version doesn't work easily with httpS sites.
 As it is the future of web, he asked me if I could install a version that
would solve this problem.
So I tried to compile the 2.8.8 rel.2, following the explanations here :
http://lynx.invisible-island.net/release/breakout/INSTALLATION
But, the version of Borland C++ compiler has been upgraded from 5.51 to 101 ...
and it seems that the makefiles (makew32, makefile.bcb, makehdrs, makeuctb.c
...) of the lynx architecture use old commands and options so the compilation
of chrtrans doesn't work ...
I am aware of bothering you :/ but I would appreciate very much if you could
help.
Best regards,
Christophe

I forgot to say that I tried to install the 2.8.8 rel.1 version from the win32
installer I found here : http://invisible-island.net/lynx/
but when I start Lynx, I have a stealthy message : "Alert!: Unable to connect
to remote host." and the window disappears ...