Generating dependencies

From: sheetaltalwar
Subject: Generating dependencies
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:33:57 +0530

Hi all,

I am working on a project which presently we are compiling with the help of OPUS make utility. Now we want to change it to GNU make..
Previously we were using the OPUS MKMF utility to generate the dependency of the different OBJS in the project, as it is huge project and includes many files. The MKMF utility enables the file dependencies to be generated automatically by reading the preprcessor include information from the source files recurrsively .

Can we somehow introduce this feature in GNU make file. As introducing the dependencies in rule manually is difficult and has to be changed everytime the relation is changed.

I would be thankful if someone would help me or guide me for that. If u r not clear about the problem, kindly ask for more details..

regards
sheetal