Re: make ChangeLog NEWS main.c read.c variable.c va...

From: Boris Kolpackov
Subject: Re: make ChangeLog NEWS main.c read.c variable.c va...
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:48:55 +0200

Hi Paul,

Paul D. Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> Does that actually work?  I thought I had disabled variables with
> whitespace in the name unless it was done explicitly, like foo
> $(space)bar.  Maybe not in define/endef.

Yes, works like a charm ;-). Also in $(foo bar) and $(flavor foo bar).

> A note: in read.c:do_undefine() I think you forgot to free (var).

Fixed, thanks for catching this.

> In the other change you made, I think either the code or comment here is
> wrong:
>
>   /* If the names are the same but ignore_mtimes are not equal, one of these
>      is an order-only prerequisite and one isn't.  That means that we should
>      remove the one that isn't and keep the one that is.  */
>
>   if (!cmp && dx->ignore_mtime != dy->ignore_mtime)
>     dx->ignore_mtime = dy->ignore_mtime = 0;

Yes, I meant to change this comment but forgot. That code is actually
quite sneaky. It took me good half and hour to figure who changes
the ignore_mtime. I went ahead and moved this upgrade logic to
set_file_variables where it is more apparent.

Boris

--
Boris Kolpackov, Code Synthesis Tools  http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog
Open-source XML data binding for C++:  http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd