make-w32

Re: Bug report: Compile with Microsoft and Intel compiler

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Bug report: Compile with Microsoft and Intel compiler
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:33:37 -0400

%% "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> writes:

  ez> So, given that you said "Convert uses of __STDC__ to
  ez> HAVE_ANSI_COMPILER.", why there are still __STDC__ in make.h (and
  ez> elsewhere)?  Should they all be converted now?

Unknown.  We can look at it.

Checking I see there is only one place in make proper where it's used:
in make.h to set the PARAMS() macro.  The rest of the references are in
getopt and glob and alloca, which are imported from other places.