make-w32

Re: [Angelo.Graziosi: Problems with patched gnu make ? (was:Need Volunte

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: [Angelo.Graziosi: Problems with patched gnu make ? (was:Need Volunteers to test patch for gnu make)]
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 02:36:24 +0200 (MET DST)

In the attached file there are a few logs:

1) build-gfortran-4.2.0-20061001.unpatched-full.log.bz2.
The build of GFortran I did before you suggested 'make -p' with the
unpatched version of MAKE; it is completed without errors.

2) build-gfortran-make-patched-p-fail.log.bz2.
The build I tried using 'make -p' and the PATCHED version of MAKE. It
fails.

3) build-gfortran-make-unpatched-p-works.log.bz2.
The build with 'make -p' and the UNPATCHED version of MAKE. It works fine
without errors. I have cut it just a little after the critical point that
causes errors in 1).

For the sake of completeness I build with a script that:

tar -xjvf gcc-svn.tar.bz2

cd gcc

mkdir -p .build .inst

cd .build