mediagoblin-devel

Re: MediaGoblin website moved to sourcehut pages (was: TLS certificate e

From: jgart
Subject: Re: MediaGoblin website moved to sourcehut pages (was: TLS certificate expired for mediagoblin.org, take 2)
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 02:32:37 -0400

On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 12:08:17 +1000 Ben Sturmfels <ben@sturm.com.au> wrote:
> I've taken the opportunity to transfer the website to sourcehut pages,
> which means we're no longer responsible for the hosting infrastructure
> here. It's a pretty good fit for a simple static site and is something
> I've been meaning to do for a long time.

Hi Ben,

Congrats on the move to sourcehut!

I've been sidetracked with work from continuing the jquery porting but I hope
to start again soon.

My next step is to get set up and running with mediagoblin in a guix
environment and start testing the js properly.

I hope to find time again soon once things clear up for me.

Hello Matt,

If you'd like to help with this endeavour it would be great to setup a divide
and conquer strategy if you  have the time.

Essentially, we're trying to remove the dependency of jquery in mediagoblin and
port over those bits to vanilla js so that we don't have to package jquery
itself for guix.

Packaging jquery in a reproducible way in guix would be a nightmare at the
moment until we figure out the "javascript dystopian novella" as cwebber calls
it.

Let me know if you're interested and we can set up a time to meet to discuss
the task more.

all best,

jgart

https://git.sr.ht/~jgart