modcaml

[Modcaml] mod_caml for apache2

From: Gabriel de Perthuis
Subject: [Modcaml] mod_caml for apache2
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:19:07 +0100

Hello,
so, I'm trying to build mod_caml for apache2,
and I can't find which libraries I need to link against.
I've added -lapr-0 to the CFLAGS, which had apr_* symbols, but I haven't
found which library exports ap_* symbols like ap_hook_translate_name.
I'm attaching my Makefile.config from the CVS version, it has a few
small changes that could be applied to the CVS.

Thanks for your help.
# mod_caml configuration -*- Makefile -*-
#
# This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
# modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public
# License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
# version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
#
# This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
# MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
# Library General Public License for more details.
#
# You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public
# License along with this library; if not, write to the Free
# Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
#
# $Id: Makefile.config,v 1.52 2004/11/20 11:11:08 rwmj Exp $

# PACKAGE and VERSION

PACKAGE := mod_caml
VERSION := 1.3.5

# APACHE_MAJOR
# For Apache 1.3, set this to 1
# For Apache 2.x, set this to 2

#APACHE_MAJOR := 1
APACHE_MAJOR := 2

# APXS
# For Apache 1.3, you need to use apxs or /full/path/to/apxs if it's not on
# the default $PATH.
# For Apache 2.x, you need to use apxs (apxs2 on Debian) or /full/path/to/apxs
# if it's not on the default $PATH.

#APXS := apxs
#APXS := /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
APXS := apxs2
#APXS := /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs2

# MODCAMLLIBDIR
# This is where we're going to install the default mod_caml handlers
# such as registry.cmo, and the example CGI scripts and example templates.

MODCAMLLIBDIR := /usr/share/mod_caml
#MODCAMLLIBDIR := /usr/local/share/mod_caml

# APACHELIBDIR
# This is where we're going to install mod_caml.so.
# The default should be OK.

APACHELIBDIR := $(shell $(APXS) -q LIBEXECDIR)
#APACHELIBDIR := /usr/lib/apache/1.3
#APACHELIBDIR := /usr/lib/apache2/modules
#APACHELIBDIR := $(shell pwd)
#APACHELIBDIR := /usr/local/apache/libexec
#APACHELIBDIR := /usr/lib/mod_caml
#APACHELIBDIR := /usr/local/lib/mod_caml

# APACHEINCDIR
# Location of the Apache includes.
# The default should be OK.

APACHEINCDIR := $(shell $(APXS) -q INCLUDEDIR)
#APACHEINCDIR := /usr/include/apache-1.3

#g2p - ajout perso
APRINCDIR=/usr/include/apr-0

# APACHECONFDIR
# Apache configuration directory.
# The default should be OK.

APACHECONFDIR := $(shell $(APXS) -q SYSCONFDIR)
#APACHECONFDIR := /etc/apache

# CC and CFLAGS
# C compiler and flags.
# The defaults should be OK for Apache 1.3.
# On my version of Apache 2.0, apxs prints out empty values for CFLAGS,
# CFLAGS_SHLIB, and so on.  Instead I need to use the undocumented
# EXTRA_CFLAGS, EXTRA_CPPFLAGS, and so on.  I have no idea if this is
# a problem with Apache 2 in general.  If you make this work on Apache 2,
# please let me <address@hidden> know.

#g2p - ajout perso - -lapr-0
CC      := $(shell $(APXS) -q CC)
CFLAGS  := -I$(APACHEINCDIR) -I$(APRINCDIR) $(shell $(APXS) -q CFLAGS) \
           $(shell $(APXS) -q CFLAGS_SHLIB)
#LDFLAGS_SHLIB := $(shell $(APXS) -q LDFLAGS_SHLIB)
LDFLAGS_SHLIB := $(shell $(APXS) -q LDFLAGS_SHLIB) -lapr-0 -laprutil-0

# OCAMLC, OCAMLOPT, OCAMLDOC
# The location of the OCaml compiler and tools.
# The defaults should be OK.

OCAMLC := ocamlc
OCAMLOPT := ocamlopt
OCAMLDOC := ocamldoc

# OCAMLLIBDIR
# The location of OCaml's library files.
# The default should be OK.

OCAMLLIBDIR := $(shell $(OCAMLC) -where)

# PCRELIBDIR
# The location of OCaml's PCRE installation.
# The default should be OK.

PCRELIBDIR := $(shell ocamlfind query pcre)
#PCRELIBDIR := $(OCAMLLIBDIR)/pcre

# OCAMLLIBS
# The linker option to link with libcamlrun.a.  Usually this
# library requires other libraries (eg. libtermcap.a).  The
# default should be OK, but you may need to remove -ltermcap.

OCAMLLIBS := -lcamlrun -ltermcap -lunix -lstr

# OCAMLAPACHEDIR
# This is where apache.mli, apache.cmi and other library files get
# installed.  If you want to run the program without installing it,
# set this to $(shell pwd) (ie. the current directory). Otherwise it
# should be set to $(OCAMLLIBDIR)/apache and you should specify
# ocamlc -I +apache when compiling programs.

#OCAMLAPACHEDIR := $(shell pwd)
OCAMLAPACHEDIR := $(OCAMLLIBDIR)/apache

# OCAMLINCDIR
# Set this to the directory which contains include files for the
# current version of OCaml. (Actually this directory should contain
# a subdirectory called "caml").
# The default should be OK.

OCAMLINCDIR := $(OCAMLLIBDIR)
#OCAMLINCDIR := /usr/include
#OCAMLINCDIR := /usr/include/ocaml/3.08

# DOCDIR
# This is where we will install the documentation.

DOCDIR = /usr/share/doc/$(PACKAGE)-$(VERSION)

# HAVE_POSTGRES
# Tests whether you have (the OCaml module) Postgres installed.  If so, then
# some extra example scripts will be built.

HAVE_POSTGRES := $(shell ocamlfind query postgres >/dev/null 2>&1 && echo 1)
#HAVE_POSTGRES := 1

# INSTALL
# The "install" program.

INSTALL := install
#INSTALL := /usr/ucb/install

# Default mailer program and args (if using Cgi.Sendmail extension).

MAILER_PATH := /usr/sbin/sendmail
#MAILER_PATH := /usr/lib/sendmail

MAILER_ARGS := -t -i