modcaml

[Modcaml] Apache2 and mod_caml

From: Jerry Charumilind
Subject: [Modcaml] Apache2 and mod_caml
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:31:56 -0500

I have installed mod_caml for apache2 and have run into an issue with the Registry.handler seeing requests for non-.cmo resources.

For instance, if I add the following lines to my httpd.conf:

CamlLoad /path/to/mod_caml/registry.cmo
AddHandler ocaml-bytecode .cmo
CamlHandler Registry.handler

the Registry.handler will see all requests. This works great for requests for '*.cmo', but all other files result in the following error thrown by the handler:

/whatever/path/is/requested: no request->finfo: probably means the file does not exist.

The end result is that I currently have two configuration options:

1.  .cmos work and everything else results in an error.
2.  .cmos don't work and everything else does.

Has anyone else run into this? I previously had mod_caml running in apache 1.3 without this problem, so I'm not sure where I went wrong.

Also, the AddHandler line does not seem to have any effect on anything. If I remove it, the Registry.handler is still invoked for all requests.

Here is my configuration information:

Mac OS X 10.4.4
apache2 installed via Fink
mod_caml compiled by me with apache2 patches from http:// sandbox.merjis.com/discussion/mod_caml_linking_issue

Let me know if any more information is necessary, and thanks in advance for any help!