modcaml

Re: [Modcaml] Apache2 and mod_caml

From: Jerry Charumilind
Subject: Re: [Modcaml] Apache2 and mod_caml
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 18:18:04 -0500

On Feb 11, 2006, at 1:36 PM, Richard Jones wrote:

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 12:31:56PM -0500, Jerry Charumilind wrote:
I have installed mod_caml for apache2 and have run into an issue with
the Registry.handler seeing requests for non-.cmo resources.

For instance, if I add the following lines to my httpd.conf:

CamlLoad /path/to/mod_caml/registry.cmo
AddHandler ocaml-bytecode .cmo
CamlHandler Registry.handler

the Registry.handler will see all requests.  This works great for
requests for '*.cmo', but all other files result in the following
error thrown by the handler:

/whatever/path/is/requested: no request->finfo: probably means the
file does not exist.

I'm guessing that we haven't come across this problem because all of
our sites use a standard configuration where the *.cmo files go into
their own "bin directory" and other files go elsewhere.  We use
mod_rewrite rules extensively to alter the "URL space" to hide this
fact, so that for example http://merjis.com is really
http://merjis.com/_bin/page.cmo?page=index

Yes, this is what I was planning on doing as a workaround if I couldn't come up with a solution. It might be a cleaner way to go regardless. I was trying to figure out if this was an Apache bug or mod_caml bug but do not understand mod_caml/Apache enough to tell :-). If it's an Apache bug, it would be great if we could pass it along to them.

In any case, mod_caml is great. I've only been playing around with it so far, but I hope to implement a real live site with it in the near future! Kudos!