monit-dev

Re: [Bug,CVS] sending sockets

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [Bug,CVS] sending sockets
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 10:29:10 +0200

Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> Sending mails works too on my lap... thus, there is something with
> your new socket code, hauk. )-:

Have you updated from cvs recently? I experienced the same thing and
added a bugfix that seems to work. The trick is to allow a wait for at
least 1¹ second for the socket to become ready for read-i/o.  Previous
code used zero wait, which is a bug. The server we speak to needs time
to read the data we sent before it can send data (and we can read),
this usually takes more than 0 seconds :-)

¹ Actually in the zervlet code I use from 5 to 15 seconds for
read/wait, and 1 second in socket.c:socket_read should be increased to
5 seconds. I'll fix it.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland