monit-dev

Re: Process Resource Update

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: Process Resource Update
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 21:30:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Christian Hopp wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Martin Pala wrote:

> > --8<--
> >    pt = xcalloc(sizeof(ProcessTree_T), treesize);
> >    memset(pt, 0, sizeof(ProcessTree_T) * treesize);
> > --8<--
>
> Gonna remove it... mmmhhh... I should spend even more time reading
> man-pages. (:

Fixed... and I read the man page (:

> > 2.) it seems that the process related stuff needs to be fixed on Darwin
> > and OpenBSD...
>
> Because IMO it won't work with the code... and a *BSD guy has to look over
> it.

Tnx for helping me out with that job, Rory!

Okay, this patch has to be applied to the most recent CVS.  But please ppl
whether no more changes to the affected files or I have to commit it
soon.

And for those who are interested I have added an experimental method to
gather (but not yet monitor!) the used main memory and total CPU load.  It
is currently stored in...

      Run.total_mem_kbyte
      Run.total_mem_percent
      Run.total_cpu_percent

... so feel free to play around with it and tell me if it results make
sense.

Enjoy the summer, ppl....

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113