monit-dev

Re: hard coded locations for monitrc

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: hard coded locations for monitrc
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 23:47:36 +0200

On 18. apr. 2007, at 22.51, Klaus Heinz wrote:

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
monit.pod file that is used to generate the monit.1 man file. I.e. we
change monit.pod to monit.pod.in and use configure to write user set
variables and paths and generate monit.pod which the script, make_man

I looked for monit.pod to adapt the patches to this modification but it
is not included in monit-4.9.tar.gz.

Would including monit.pod together with make_man in the archive file
add a requirement for Perl?

Not necessarily since the man file could be built during creation of the dist. However, this is internal stuff and not something we want to expose in a dist. For that you should check out the full version of monit from CVS by following these instructions; http:// savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=monit It is also a good idea to patch against the CVS version since files between releases does change. If you can change your patch to include patching of monit.pod from configure via a new monit.pod.in file and also keep the hardcoded / usr/local/etc as mentioned by Martin it would be great.

Best regards
--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland