monit-general

Bug or Feature ?

From: Andreas Rust
Subject: Bug or Feature ?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:57:27 +0200

Hi,

while testing a little more, I recognized that it is now possible to have
two or more times the same check in the config file.

I remember this was disallowed on previous versions, resulting in an error.

The current monit 4.1-beta3 happily allows e.g. two times:

check host xyz with address w.x.y.z
   if failed port 21 protocol ftp with timeout 15 seconds then alert

and lists the entry on the http page double.
This is a problem on the commandline interface, which the http server utilises aswell, or ?

l8r

    Andreas Rust     -   webnova GmbH
    address@hidden  -   www.webnova.de
    Tel:  +49 (0)234 - 912 96 10