monit-general

Re: Bug or Feature ?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Bug or Feature ?
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 01:48:52 +0200

Andreas Rust <address@hidden> writes:

> while testing a little more, I recognized that it is now possible to
> have two or more times the same check in the config file.
>
> I remember this was disallowed on previous versions, resulting in an error.
>
> The current monit 4.1-beta3 happily allows e.g. two times:
>
> check host xyz with address w.x.y.z
>     if failed port 21 protocol ftp with timeout 15 seconds then alert
>
> and lists the entry on the http page double.
> This is a problem on the commandline interface, which the http server
> utilises aswell, or ?

It's not really a problem, but it's still a bug. It turns out that the
unique service name test does not catch the special case when the
control file starts with two entries with the same name. Otherwise it
works. A patch is checked into CVS which handles this case also.
Thanks for the report, keep on testing :)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland