Re: [Monotone-devel] Scenario for tracking upstream package

From: Rob Weir
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Scenario for tracking upstream package
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:36:16 +1100

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 10:57:21PM -0500, address@hidden said
> 4) When an upstream release is made, I download it to the original
>    directory and commit any changes to monotone on the vendor
>    branch.  This probably isn't sufficient since file deletions and
>    renaming aren't accounted for.

John Goerzon wrote a script to handle this for arch, called
"tla-load-dirs".  It basically shows a list of missing and new files,
and lets you match up those that have moved, and commit the rest as
adds/deletes.  Very simple, but it works well, at least on projects that
don't do massive tree re-organisations with every release.  It should be
easily adaptable to work with monotone (there's already a svn version).

--
Rob Weir <address@hidden> | address@hidden  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:   Semtex bce counter terrorism Subversion dictionary afsatcom