[Monotone-devel] Re: Pruning Question

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Pruning Question
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:25:30 -0500

Paul Snively wrote:

Say I have several unmerged heads, one of which represents the latest fetch from off.net, the others of which represent commits I made to previous versions of the tree and submitted as patches to Graydon. That is, all the stuff I care about on those other heads is in one of the heads, so I'd like to prune the irrelevant heads.

Is there a straightforward way to do that?

well, you *could* remove them from your db, but it's probably easier to just say "monotone merge" and let it make sure all your changes made it into my head, and issue the appropriate ancestry edges.

that's how the system works: multiple heads develop naturally in the course of development, "merge" tries to reduce the number of heads or the divergence between them.

-graydon