Re: [Monotone-devel] a little status update

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] a little status update
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:53:28 -0800

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 02:24:22PM -0800, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 05:23:14AM -0800, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> We don't know what's causing the bug yet, so we can't say yet how to
> detect whether it has previously occurred, or what conditions might
> trigger it in the future.  So you might want to hold off on doing
> merging for a few days until we've figured out what's going on.

Whoops, I forgot to follow up on this!

The bug has been found and fixed, if you have a recent checkout from
.monotone.  However, it turns out that some bad revisions did make it
into real databases -- or at least ours -- so it sounds like there
will be some sort of cleanup thingie coming.

So if you want to merge, probably best to use a recent checkout; and
if you don't or didn't, then things will be fixed up anyway.

Cheers,

  /* Tell the world that we're going to be the grim
   * reaper of innocent orphaned children.
   */
-- Linux kernel 2.4.5, main.c