Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone-viz 0.6

From: Olivier Andrieu
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone-viz 0.6
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:07:48 +0100 (CET)

 > graydon hoare [Mon, 27 Dec 2004]:
 > Olivier Andrieu wrote:
 >
 > > I forgot to mention, I released a new version of
 > > monotone-vizĀ¹. This one includes a couple of features that were
 > > requested, notably keyboard navigation of the graph and some
 > > automatic colouring. I also migrated my server (it uses the new
 > > netsync protocol now).
 >
 > this is great news. I've played with the tool a bit, and quite
 > enjoy it.  I have some suggestions (if you're bored). obviously I
 > ought to do these myself, but I'm finding my hands quite full with
 > everything else :)
 >
 >   - perhaps the graph layout should happen left->right, not
 >     top->bottom.  most screens are wider than they are tall, and
 >     the effect is magnified by taskbar, window decoration, menubar,
 >     toolbar, and vertival window split; the net result is that the
 >     graph area is about 3.5x as wide as it is tall on my monitor.

I tried that once (after spending much time looking for the right dot
option to do this) but it's not that much of an improvement: because
of the labels, the boxes are rather wide and thus you don't put much
more of them per screen when laying out left-to-right. But I guess I
can add this as an option.

--
   Olivier