Re: [Monotone-devel] win32: error in committing large number of files

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] win32: error in committing large number of files
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 08:43:58 +0100

Martin Boeker wrote:

please find attached an error report I got committing an add of about 10000 files.

How large is the largest of those files? The version of SQLite which monotone's currently using has a row limit of 16MB. Each file is gzipped, base64-encoded, then placed in a row, so that's currently the hard file size limit.

Monotone will change to use the newer SQLite 3, which will solve this issue.

If the files are all below that limit, I find the following in the ML archives, related to the same error message:

----
After investigating a bit, I decided to rebuild monotone with
CFLAGS="-g" instead of the default "-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing".
The problem disappeared. (g++ 3.3.3 here)
----

Was this a self-built version, or the one from venge.net?

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.