Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Uhmmm, can't commit????

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Uhmmm, can't commit????
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:44:17 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Peter Simons wrote:
 cd foo/dir
 monotone --db mydb.db --branch otherbranch add *

... and then I find out it's not possible to do that because
monotone will go back to "foo" and try to add the files in
"dir" relative from there.

how is add to know whether to look for MT or not? previously lots of commands created MT if they didn't find it, but they all expected to be running from the root so that was ok. now the only commands that create MT are checkout and setup, everything else goes looking to find MT assuming that a previous add or checkout had been kind enough to create it for them.

the solution, I think, is to say 'monotone setup .' after you cd into foo/dir or 'monotone setup foo/dir' before you cd I guess. setup is a new command that creates the MT dir where you specify. following this add
should work because it will find the closer MT directory.

Cheers,
Derek