[Monotone-devel] Re: Uhmmm, can't commit????

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Uhmmm, can't commit????
Date: 25 Jan 2005 15:50:14 +0100

I have another problem with the "go into '..' until you find
a MT directory" code:

  foo/MT/
     /dir/foo.txt
     /dir/bar.txt

Let's say "foo" is checked out as 'somebranch'. Now I cd(1)
into "foo/dir" and want to add it into my database as
'otherbranch', because it is not part of 'somebranch' but
actually some other project that's just reused here. I
execute

  cd foo/dir
  monotone --db mydb.db --branch otherbranch add *

... and then I find out it's not possible to do that because
monotone will go back to "foo" and try to add the files in
"dir" relative from there.

Right now, I have to move "dir" into a completely separate
hierarchy, add it, then move it back into the old place.

Having a flag to disable the "finding upper MT directories"
code would fix that.

Peter