[Monotone-devel] Patches to improve performance and memory usage: Patche

From: Eric Anderson
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Patches to improve performance and memory usage: Patches, pt2
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 00:12:19 -0700

Second set of the patches discuessed in my earlier message.  Summary
from earlier message included below.
        -Eric

  - put-dat-free: Free up file data after it has been compressed as it isn't
    used after that.
  - free-base64-encoding: Free up the base64 encoding before passing the
    query to sqllite
  - compress-cache: Cache the results of decompressing data so that when we
    immediately ask to compress it again the compression doesn't have to be
    re-calculated
  - perf-test: Script to run all of the performance testing.
  - string-queue-downsize: If the size of the string queue buffer has shrunk
    enough, then re-allocate downwards.
  - free-payload-after-use: After we have parsed all of the payload data
    free the payload.
  - less-allocating-guzip: Only allocate 1x input size rather than 2x to
    start.
  - incremental-binary-test: When testing if a file is binary, test on
    8k chunks rather than reading the whole file in.