Re: [Monotone-devel] note_push hook?

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] note_push hook?
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 00:35:07 -0700

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 05:01:28PM +0200, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> I'm a core developer of the OpenEmbedded [1] project. We recently
> adopted monotone as our new SCM. Let me start with hats off for this
> great project - thanks!

Glad to hear it!  Hope things continue to go well for you... and we
always like to hear ideas on how to make things smoother...

> We use the ciabot_monotone.py to make commit messages appear.
> Unfortunately this requires us using a polling style (i.e. pull every 10
> minutes to see if changes have been made). I'd like to suggest a
> note_push hook, in which I could send notification (UDP packet or xmlrpc
> if LUA supports that) to the server where ciabot_monotone.py is running.

note_netsync_{revision,cert,pubkey}_received.  Don't recall if they
exist in 0.19, will definitely be in 0.20.

Of course, it appears that no-one actually wrote any tests for them, so
perhaps they don't work at all, or have some crippling bugs -- no-one
knows... <0.5 wink>

Sentience can be such a burden.