[Monotone-devel] note_push hook?

From: Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
Subject: [Monotone-devel] note_push hook?
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:01:28 +0200

Hello,

I'm a core developer of the OpenEmbedded [1] project. We recently
adopted monotone as our new SCM. Let me start with hats off for this
great project - thanks!

We use the ciabot_monotone.py to make commit messages appear.
Unfortunately this requires us using a polling style (i.e. pull every 10
minutes to see if changes have been made). I'd like to suggest a
note_push hook, in which I could send notification (UDP packet or xmlrpc
if LUA supports that) to the server where ciabot_monotone.py is running.

Would such a hook be feasible and if so, could you point me to where in
the source code I should look for adding that?

Again, thanks for all the work you're doing with monotone!

--
Best Regards,

Mickey.
Dipl.-Inf. Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <address@hidden>