Re: [Monotone-devel] head selector

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] head selector
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:02:34 +0200

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:21:40 -0700, Nathaniel Smith
<address@hidden> said:

njs> $ alias H='monotone automate heads'
njs> $ monotone diff -r`H branch1` -r`H branch2`

Also, how should Windows users do this?  Does Windows have the same
backtick possibilities?

No (unless you're using Cygwin or MinGW). You can do this stuff, but it's considerably more fiddly.

At the end of the day, even when working in a shell with backticks, if I can't get the diff between two heads without resorting to shell incantations, that strikes me as a failure of the tool...

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.