[Monotone-devel] Re: ~/.monotone/keys , privkey packets

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: ~/.monotone/keys , privkey packets
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:45:07 -0500

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 16:39 -0500, Timothy Brownawell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to implement ~/.monotone/keys/ . Since a privkey without its
> pubkey isn't very useful, I want to make it store key pairs, not lone
> privkeys. In order for this to work, monotone would have to not be able
> to input a private key without its pubkey.

...Of course, the only time the pubkey needs to be retrieved from the
key store is when we sign something, and as msh pointed out on IRC, we
can just compute it from the privkey. Which we're already decrypting so
we can sign something with it.

This would probably be a much simpler (and saner) change.

Tim