Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn 0.26pre1 rosterify login_error on FreeBSD

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn 0.26pre1 rosterify login_error on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:07:35 -0800

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 04:44:53PM +0000, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> % monotone db rosterify
[...]
> monotone: fatal: std::logic_error: roster.cc:620: invariant 'I(false)'
> violated
>
> I know it is probably "better" to just sync on an empty database, but is this
> expected?

What history are you trying to rosterify?

That invariant failre seems to indicate that you're trying to
rosterify a history in which there has been a root dir suture.

I.e., two different "root revisions" were created at different times
by running "monotone setup" twice, and then at some later point those
trees were merged.

0.26pre1 can't handle such histories.  The plan is to add support for
root dir renaming soon, so such histories can be migrated.

If that's not what's happening, then I guess I need more information
:-).

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco