[Monotone-devel] silly idea: auto gunzip?

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] silly idea: auto gunzip?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:57:32 +0100

I am writing my thesis, since quite a few months. It is in OpenOffice
format, that is: zipped XML.
And I am versioning it with monotone, of course.
Of course each time I change a single bit in the uncompressed text, most
of the compressed file changes.
And each single time occours to me that versioning the uncompressed
version would produce:
a. much smaller xdiffs
b. much more understandable visual diffs
But of course changing the way a file is stored depending on his format
is a silly idea that opens a literal Pandora's box of problems.
And it would be better places in a wrapper anyway, if at all. Something
that recognizes common file format, and decompress or transform then in
the "most fundamental" state or something.

Forget about that. The crazy ranting of a tired mind that should
definitely get some sleep. ;-)

    Lapo

PS: any hope to rosterify a double-root tree? even manually? even
deleting someway one of the two roots?
PS2: any way to know which node has two roots exactly? is there a way to
import only up to that node and ignore anything from there to the root
themselves?