Re: [Monotone-devel] relative paths from list commands

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] relative paths from list commands
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 21:46:25 -0700

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 09:39:38PM -0600, Derek Scherger wrote:
> I'd be happy to change the various ls commands to print $PWD relative
> paths rather than workspace relative paths, if there's some general
> consensus that this would be a Good Thing.

I don't have any strong opinion on whether the ls commands should do
this or not; the argument against is consistency (since most commands
do not print relative paths).

However, I just want to say that since relative paths are obviously
useful sometimes, and there is clear user demand for them, you should
go ahead and implement them.  The debate for the list is about
appropriate UI, so you shouldn't wait for that to finish to get the
functionality working, maybe under an ugly UI to start with :-).

.i dei jitfa fanmo xatra