Re: [Monotone-devel] Automate stdio chunk size

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Automate stdio chunk size
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:59:57 +0200

Hi Thomas =)

[...]
So are there any objections against setting constants::automate_stdio_size to, say, 1MB? Is there anyone('s application) depending on smaller chunks? Should we increase the automate format version number?

As long as this chunk size is still reported by the chunk size part of stdio's output (<cmdNo>:<err>:[l|m]:<chunkSize>:) I have no problems with tweaking this value. I depend on a correct value there, nothing more.

Thomas
-- Developer of Guitone