Re: [Monotone-devel] Bugs in contrib.benchmark rev 679ea52924887e8169033

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Bugs in contrib.benchmark rev 679ea52924887e816903342104f797ba9c0be6d4
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 00:03:53 -0700

On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 05:38:21PM -0700, Eric Anderson wrote:
> No instrumenters given, using default 'time' instrumenter
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "benchmark.py", line 4, in ?
>     mtn_benchmark.cmdline.main(sys.argv[0], sys.argv[1:])
>   File "/home/anderse/projects/monotone/benchmark/mtn_benchmark/cmdline.py",
> line 92, in main
>     instrumenters["time"] = mtn_benchmark.instrumenters.TimingInstrumenter()
> TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

Doh.

> My attempts to guess what an appropriate second argument should be (I
> tried about three things) all didn't work, although I could move
> around where I got the assertion.

Apparently I changed the Instrumenter interface, and all the
calling code to use that interface, but, uh... forgot to actually
change the Instrumenter code to implement the new interface.

> It also looks like memtime.c was left out of the added files, not
> having that makes the MemTimingInstrumenterObj much less useful.
> I re-attached it as well as a makefile for building both binaries.

Double doh.  Both should be fixed now.

In mathematics, it's not enough to read the words
you have to hear the music