Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn uninterruptible

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn uninterruptible
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 02:00:56 -0700

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 09:46:52AM +0200, Thomas Moschny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's a problem with 'mtn log', 'mtn update' (and possibly other commands):
> They become uninterruptible sometimes. I am not sure what the exact
> circumstances are, but if you e.g. start 'mtn log' and hit ctrl-c directly
> afterwards, mtn keeps on printing 'mtn: interrupted' for every ctrl-c, but
> will never stop. If you send it TERM signals, it says 'mtn: terminated by
> signal', but won't stop either. Only a KILL really terminates the process.

There's a bunch of discussion here:

http://colabti.de/irclogger//irclogger_log/monotone?date=2006-07-19,Wed&sel=134#l252

Tentative conclusion: trapping signals sucks and is impossible to get
right, we should just give up on doing it and leave -journal files
around occasionally.

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco