Re: [Monotone-devel] Project Management

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Project Management
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:17:24 -0700

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 03:47:47PM +0200, Thomas Keller wrote:
> Still, I hope that some kind of convergence is achieved here, since I
> strongly believe that this project *needs* some management.

"Management" is a word that means a lot of different things to
different people -- some of them probably useful, some of them
probably not.  To focus the discussion, do you think you could provide
some specific examples of problems that have arisen from lack of
management, and what form of management would prevent those problems
occuring in the future?

"Lull'd in the countless chambers of the brain,
Our thoughts are link'd by many a hidden chain:
Awake but one, and lo! what myriads rise!
Each stamps its image as the other flies"
  -- Ann Ward Radcliffe, The Mysteries of Udolpho