Re: [Monotone-devel] "memory exhausted" error for 'mtn list status' comm

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] "memory exhausted" error for 'mtn list status' command
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:38:32 -0500

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 21:56 -0700, Drakie Awita wrote:
> Nathaniel:
>
> No, I'm not using Reiser FS; it happens on both ext3 FS (debian
> linux), and NTFS (Windows XP).
>
> I've found that, if I move the large un-versioned sub-directory
> (contrib/oss.boost.release) out of the project root dir, then 'mtn
> list unknown' works ok.  So it looks like the problem is related to
> the "path-walking" code you mentioned.  One quick test you might try
> to reproduce this problem is to download and untar boost_1_33_1.tar.gz
> inside your mtn project directory, and do a 'mtn list unknown'.

I don't see this problem. (ext3, if that matters)

a25b160f4f34b15ca72 (from the 16th) works
81f77ddad783cac7018 (from yesterday) works

I see no noticeable change in memory usage with either of these. (for
comparison, rebuilding monotone take about 25% of memory for some files)

Tim

--
Free public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net