[Monotone-devel] Re: MTN-over-SSH's syntax

From: Graydon Hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: MTN-over-SSH's syntax
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:50:26 -0700

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

Uhmm, no, scp doesn't use a broken URI syntax, it has its own, which
doesn't start with ssh://.  I don't think it's wise to confuse people
with something that looks like a URI but isn't in such a subtle way.

Oops, yes, of course.

And it's also not so uncommon to have ssh respond on a port other than
22, for example to get to several machines through a firewall.

Yeah, true. Let's pretend I didn't suggest that, then :)

-graydon