Re: [Monotone-devel] pidfile cleanup

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] pidfile cleanup
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:16:04 -0700

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 06:49:37PM -0500, Matthew Nicholson wrote:
> Did the new signal handling stuff (to fix the delay/freeze after ctrl-c
> on mtn log) fix pidfile cleanup?  The test seems to still be an xfail.

Umm, no... forgot about that :-).

It should be straightforward enough to come up with some hack to make
it work, though -- we have signal handlers, just need to teach them
when a pidfile exists, and to delete it, using some signal-safe code.
(The main thing to watch out for with such code would be "never
allocate memory".  Calling unlink(2) should be fine, though.)

Details are all that matters; God dwells there, and you never get to
see Him if you don't struggle to get them right. -- Stephen Jay Gould