Re: [Monotone-devel] pidfile cleanup

From: Matthew Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] pidfile cleanup
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:55:03 -0500

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 06:49:37PM -0500, Matthew Nicholson wrote:
Did the new signal handling stuff (to fix the delay/freeze after ctrl-c on mtn log) fix pidfile cleanup? The test seems to still be an xfail.

Umm, no... forgot about that :-).

It should be straightforward enough to come up with some hack to make
it work, though -- we have signal handlers, just need to teach them
when a pidfile exists, and to delete it, using some signal-safe code.
(The main thing to watch out for with such code would be "never
allocate memory".  Calling unlink(2) should be fine, though.)

Hmmm... Right now it looks like the signal handler just prints a message and exits. pid_file tries to clean it self up when it is destroyed. I don't like the idea of just sticking random stuff in the signal handlers (didn't we just remove the journal clean up/db roll back?).
--
Matthew Nicholson
matt-land.com