[Monotone-devel] Re: [Poll] Intermediate Results

From: Graydon Hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: [Poll] Intermediate Results
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:36:36 -0700

Derek Scherger wrote:

Yeah, my vote goes for monotone.ca.

Did you check on monotone.net? It seems to be registered and held but not being used for anything useful. I wonder if there's a possibility we could get that? And even if we could, I'm not sure it's any better than monotone.ca.

I asked a guy I know in the domain-name business, he suggested that there is usually some not-totally-trivial monetary value attached to the trickling bits of search revenue they get from those pages, and in any case we'd have to email the owner to ask for a bidding price. Surprisnig to me.

Anyways, I wonder how much everyone here really feels it's an important thing to do overall. Is venge.net/monotone (or say, mtn.venge.net) unacceptable?

-graydon