Re: cvssync (was Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: big repositories inconvenience

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: cvssync (was Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: big repositories inconveniences (partial pull?))
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 09:54:57 +0200

Nathaniel Smith schrieb:
>> Proposal:
>> attributes "cvs-revision" "1.2"
>>      ["cvs-keyword-expansion" "-kb"] (-kk is standard like in CVS?)
>
> Should be either "cvs:revision" or "mtn:cvs-revision", following the
> "namespace:name" convention.  It looks like cvs2svn uses
> "cvs2svn:cvs-revnum", which doesn't strike me as an obvious and
> elegant example to follow...

agreed.

>> But where to store module path and root address? And what about svn and
>> git information? I was glad to have a single way to handle all external
>> synchronisation information in one central place.
>
> One option is an attr on the root directory (the one called,
> in manifests and revisions, the empty string); another is in a cert.

Great idea! directory attributes like "cvs:server-path" and "cvs:root"
would serve well. I just did not believe that directory attributes are
possible.

Now I have to come up with a coding for push certificates (which, in the
past were a simple xdiff to a specified .mtn-sync-cvs file). And I have
to think about flagging a revision as synched (a changed attribute might
still indicate that this revision is synched).

I don't want to attach another certificate to each and every revision
(which it would easily gain if certificates flag synchronisation).

   Christof