Re: [Monotone-devel] automate propagate

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate propagate
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:31:37 -0500

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 17:05 -0500, Hugo Cornelis wrote:
> I have a project with 36 branches.  Most have feature 'A', but not all
> of them.  I have a small and necessary fix for 'A'.  What is the most
> effective way to propagate the fix to all the branches that have
> feature 'A' ?

Probably something like:
        $heads = mtn automate select h:<branchname>
        $ancestry = mtn automate ancestors $heads
        if $ancestry includes <rev where 'A' was introduced>
        then mtn propagate <branch with fix for 'A'> <branchname>
, for each branch.

Tim
--
Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net