Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.30 hangs when performing sync on certain

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone 0.30 hangs when performing sync on certain databases
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:32:54 -0500

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 16:16 +0200, Markus Meyer wrote:
> Daniel Carosone schrieb:
> > Could you try and reproduce it for file:// databases on local
> > filesystems first, without the samba share?
> >
> Sure, I just did that: the problem also happens when both databases are
> in the same directory on the local harddisc on Windows 2000. The same
> two databases sync fine when they are both on the same directory on my
> Linux machine.

For quite a while our unit test for that functionality (specifically,
the "talk to another process" part) on Windows was failing. Your failure
seems to match fairly well with trying to use that, maybe it's not as
fixed as it looks like? (last I heard, it wasn't entirely clear if
anyone even knew if there was a "right way" to make it work...)

Tim
--
Free (experimental) public monotone hosting: http://mtn-host.prjek.net