Re: [Monotone-devel] Manifest Comments

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Manifest Comments
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 09:32:15 +0100

Markus Schiltknecht schrieb:
I would like to store this 'revision origin' information in delta compressed storage, which does not get shown in a diff nor get inherited by child revisions. It should be read-only after the revision is written.

I've not followed this thread completly, but I'd rather tend to extend existing infrastructure than introducing complexity with new levels of metadata (like manifest comments or the like) - if this is really needed. Why shouldn't it be possible to implement hide/read-only settings for file attributes? These would just be flags which would be introduced and honored in a couple of places.

Thomas.
--
ICQ: 85945241 | SIP: 1-747-027-0392 | http://www.thomaskeller.biz